Verifying an Alien Dictionary

Running tests and verifying code is the work order for the day. I have a Command Line Interface (CLI) for the storage server sending the equivalent of ping requests but at the application level. Since I started the test at around 09:30 AM today it has processed so far 1,190,833 requests and associated responses without a single warning or error entry in the log files. I will stop the test at the end of the work day.

Earlier today I was going to work on a different LeetCode problem, but when I did a search on “alien” two problems were selected. Since one was flagged Easy and the second Hard, I thought some items might apply from the first one to the second problem. Hopefully it would not take too long to solve the Easy problem so I could tackle the Hard after the end of the workday. Boy was I mistaken. Continue reading “Verifying an Alien Dictionary”