More than a List of Words

When indexing text based word frequency / relevance which may be applicable for web searches, one of the procedures used is to create a term frequency (tf) array followed by an inverse document frequency (idf) one. You can read more about this here.

In a previous post I experimented with some text in order to build hashmaps with the words of sentences (to keep things in perspective for a blog post). In that post I used a string that I copied from a course I took some years ago. The sting was already preprocessed. The text had already been stripped off punctuation marks. Continue reading “More than a List of Words”